‘CSC granted two hours off from work to female employees who gave birth’
KUWAIT CITY, Sept 24: Minister of Education and Higher Education Dr Muhammad Al-Fares has affirmed that he is keen on supporting teachers and administrative staff at the ministry, reports Al-Seyassah. The minister made the statement when he met Head of Education Ministry Employees Association Saleh Al-Azmi recently.
Undersecretary Dr Haitham Al-Athary also attended the meeting, during which he denounced the action of some school managers as they threatened female teachers and administrative employees who gave birth recently that they will be deprived of the two hours off from work given to them to take care of their babies. He stressed the Civil Service Commission (CSC) granted this privilege to female teachers and administrative employees.
According to Al-Azmi, the minister has confirmed that the necessary legal action will be taken against any school manager who violates the law and CSC regulations. He added the minister also approved the proposal to allow secondment and transfer of some administrative employees to and from schools and educational districts in accordance with the work requirements.
He went on to disclose that the minister announced the implementation of a new electronic system which aims to protect the right of teachers to be promoted as department head, away from favoritism and ‘wasta’ (influence). He said he discussed with the minister the suggestion to put investigation departments in educational districts under the supervision of the assistant undersecretary for legal affairs.
Source: Arab Times
KUWAIT CITY, Aug 3, (KUNA): Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Sheikh Mohammad Al-Khalid Al-Sabah Wednesday August 2, expressed his pride and delight over the honorable mission carried out by the Kuwaiti Land Forces.
He revealed this during his visit to the different departments of the Kuwaiti Land Forces including Arifjan Camp belonging to the American Army located in South Kuwait, the land forces stationed at the borders of North Kuwait, and the Sabah Duty (Wajeb Sabah) Command Center.
The visit was in line with the 28th anniversary of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. The minister was accompanied by the Chief of General Staff of Kuwait Armed Forces Lieutenant General Khalid Al-Sabah and a number of army leaders.
In a press release, the minister stressed the keenness of the military leadership to develop the abilities of the Kuwaiti Army so that it is more capable of providing necessary protection to the entire country.
He expressed gratitude to the Supreme Leader of Kuwait Armed Forces His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah for his continuous support to the army and for enhancing its military abilities.
Minister Al-Khalid highlighted the important role played by the media in encouraging citizens to register for mandatory conscription and providing information about the relevant law.
Regarding hiring the sons of prisoners of war and martyrs in the Kuwaiti Armed forces, the minister affirmed that they can register for joining the army, indicating that the number of applicants is satisfactory.
He indicated that the ministry is waiting for the legislative authority to amend some laws for including this category in the sector.
Minister Al-Khalid insisted that all Kuwaiti citizens are welcome to join any of the courses in this sector, including sergeant courses, officers’ courses and aviation courses
KUWAIT CITY, June 1: The Criminal Evidences Department has a significant database of about eight million criminals, citizens and residents.
The sources stressed the department plays a vital role in protecting the country’s security from suspicious elements including those who had been earlier deported from the country to prevent them from entering on new passports and under fake names.
The source said the Department has one of the most modern equipment in the world in fingerprint retrieval system. The daily added, the department has fingerprinted 11,000 suspects in the first five months of 2017 to look for suspects against whom cases have been filed.
By Meshal Al-Sanousi
Al-Seyassah Staff and Agencies (Arab Times)
KUWAIT CITY, June 3: Police have rearrested the Kuwaiti convict and sent him to the Central Prison for murdering his wife with a hammer and metal pipe in front of their daughter in their home in Taima, Jahra in March 2017, reports Al-Rai daily.
The Kuwaiti appeared in front of the sentences renewal judge and his name was mistakenly put on the list of people released on bail. After the mistake was discovered police armed with a search and arrest warrant raided his home, arrested him and sent him back to prison.
KUWAIT CITY, May 9: An employee of Kuwait Municipality allegedly had stolen the tyres of an impounded “Lexus” vehicle at the seized-vehicle yard in Mina Al-Abdullah area, but returned them after he was discovered by a security guard of the site, reports Al-Seyassah daily.
According to sources, there has been a cover-up of the incident out of fear of legal repercussions, with the intercessions of one of the municipality’s officials. The sources wondered about the number of such incidents that have never been reported and were perpetrated by municipality employees and others at the seized-vehicle yards.
It is worth mentioning that the seized-vehicle yard in Amghara also witnessed several thefts before it was relocated to Nueyeem area. The perpetrators in that case were the security guards in charge of manning the yard. They colluded with an employee of the yard and the owner of a tow truck, who was in charge of transporting the items stolen from the impounded vehicles to an unknown destination. Even though all this had happened, no legal measure was taken by the municipality against the culprits.
Source: Arab Times
KUWAIT CITY, June 3: Police are looking for an unidentified woman for stealing the handbag of a Kuwaiti woman soon after she left a beauty parlor in Khaitan, reports Al-Anba daily.
According to the complainant this happened when the suspect pretended to be a beggar and asked for help. The Kuwaiti woman told police she reached for her handbag to give alms to the woman and in a swift movement the woman pushed her to the ground and escaped with the handbag.
KD 2,100 lost: An unidentified Egyptian contractor lost KD 2,100 in a packet which he forgot at a table inside a café in Maidan Hawally, reports Al-Rai daily. The workers have been summoned for interrogation by the area police station.
Source: Kuwait Times