Legal Advice

Legal advice is the giving of a professional or formal opinion regarding the substance or procedure of the law in relation to a particular factual situation. The provision of legal advice will often involve analyzing a set of facts and advising a person to take a specific course of action based on the applicable law.

I am working in a private company with a salary of KD 650 per month. My husband quit the job recently due to health issues. He is already above 60 years now. Child is sponsored by him. Now my question is — Can I sponsor both of them on my residence as dependants. Please advise.

Name withheld

Answer: Under Kuwait Law, sponsorship on dependent visa is limited to men. This law not withstanding sometimes exceptions are made but based specifically on compassionate grounds, to allow women to sponsor others as dependents. Your case might fit this scenario. However for this to happen, you must seek a waiver from what the law says and it is only the Director-General of the Immigration Department who can give such a waiver. We therefore advise that you arrange to meet the director-general and put your case before him and if you are lucky you may be given a favorable hearing. We wish you the best of luck.

Source: Arab Times

I came to Kuwait a few days ago. I have only entry visa, and I have done medical checkup for dependent visa. Can you tell me the procedure if I now get a job? Can my visa be transferred from Article 22 to Article 18? How much it costs? And in case if I would like to go back once from 18 to 22 visa, how much it costs?

Name withheld

Answer: Under the law you need to have been in Kuwait for at least one year, unless you are an university degree holder, to qualify to transfer your Article 22 visa to a work permit.

To transfer a dependent visa to a work visa, all you need is a release letter from your sponsor (husband or father), so that the company which has offered you a job can apply for a work permit for you.

This will be followed by signing a contract with the company after which you will provide the required documents to the company representative known as mandoub in Arabic, who will do the rest of the work at the Immigration Department, the Public Authority for Manpower and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour.

The fee for the work permit is KD2 and the resident permit is KD 10 per year. In the event of a transfer back to a dependent visa you will only pay for KD 10 residence permit.

Source: Arab Times


login with social account

Images of Kids

Events Gallery

PIK Directory


Online Health Insurance System

 Sate of Kuwait

Go to top