Legal Advice

Legal advice is the giving of a professional or formal opinion regarding the substance or procedure of the law in relation to a particular factual situation. The provision of legal advice will often involve analyzing a set of facts and advising a person to take a specific course of action based on the applicable law.

I am currently on my husband visa  22 and since December 2018 . Now I want to start working in Kuwait. What are the current rules for the transfering from visa 22 to visa 18.

Name withheld

Answer: If you are a university graduate then you can transfer your visa 22 to visa 18 any time. but, if you don’t have a university degree, then you have to spend at least one year in Kuwait before you will be eligible to transfer.

My salary is 350 KWD. is it be possible to apply for a visit visa for my mother and sister?


Name withheld

No, you need a monthly salary of 500 KWD or more to be able to apply for visit visas for your mother and sister. Please note that the salary you earn must be the same as indicated in your work permit.


Since December 2013, I have been a resident of Kuwait. Sir I have a query regarding my licence. In 2016 I obtained a driving licence on Engineer Visa.

Recently the profession changed to site supervisor thus my licence got blocked but I have reactivated it by submitting the relevant documents to Asmah Muroor. 
Now I have got an offer from another company in Kuwait in which the visa transfer from project visa to company quota is not possible so I have to cancel and come back on a new visa to Kuwait so I have 2 queries as below:
  1. Is it possible to rectivate my licence after coming on new visa with sales officer title with salary above KD650.
  2. If above is not possible, can I obtain new licence with Sales Officer title. For your information, my licence is expiring in November 2019. Please respond if possible. Hope to hear from you soon.

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately you cannot reactivate your driving licence because after cancelling your residence and exiting Kuwait your driving licence which is now tied to your residence will automatically be cancelled as well. However with a salary of KD650 a month and holding a university degree which we believe you possess, you can re-apply for a new driving licence irrespective of your designation as a sales officer.

source: Arab Times


I got your number from face book page.

I just need small information.

My wife is a resident of Kuwait and she is living in Pakistan.

We just newly married and I am working in UAE.

She is under her father visa.

So I just need small information because she is pregnant and her family wants she make her delivery in Kuwait because of child visa issues.

I just need information is there any way that she give birth in Pakistan And later she can make visa...

If she buy independent visa then how much the cost can come minimum to maximum?

On independent visa her husband can visit her in Kuwait plus I am working in UAE so can keep resident visa of Kuwait and employment visa of UAE.


PIK Pleased to Answer

If parents are resident of Kuwait and she give birth in Pakistan then latter you can apply dependent visa for your child, but since you are resident of UAE and she is under her father’s sponsorship in Kuwait it is better to give birth in Kuwait.

You might face issues for getting new born visa if she give birth in Pakistan.

Answer: Yes, you can apply for visit visa because the latest regulations on visit visa is, that you should be earning at least 500 KWD of salary a month to be able to invite any other relatives other than the immediate family members (wife, husband and children) on a visit visa.

You will need to obtain a transit visa for Saudi Arabia, for all passengers on the trip. To obtain the transit visa, you'll need to obtain first a UAE visa (it is a requirement).

The transit visa is valid for 3 days.

To obtain the visa, you'll need:

  1. Passport and residency that is more than 6 months current.
  2. Photos with white background for each passenger.
  3. Proof of UAE visa.
  4. Cash for visa (I believe it is 23 KD each passport).

In addition, I recommend getting a triptych. I travel often across the border and technically you don't need it as you are not leaving the GCC but it is better to obtain it anyway - you might get asked especially if it is the first time the car is traveling. You can get this from the auto club which is located on the intersection of the 4th ring road and Ghazali.

Gather those documents and go to the Waseet office which is located behind the North Nugra complex in Hawally (google map link).

They are open in the morning from 8 till 12, and then in the afternoon after 4 PM.

If you don't speak Arabic, it is best to grab a friend that does as the staff there have very elementary knowledge of English.

If you are granted the visa, you'll need to travel through the Nuwaiseeb border point. From there, it is pretty much a straight shot down to the UAE on Saudi Highway 95; the journey will take around 12/13 hours.

If this is your first time traveling by road through Saudi Arabia, please note the following:

  1. Women are not allowed to drive.
  2. If you have any female companions, they have to be dressed modestly (no shorts, bare shoulders).
  3. You'll need to obtain vehicle insurance at the Saudi border. It is less than 100 SAR (less than 10 KD) for three days; you will have to obtain separate insurance for the UAE at the UAE border.
  4. Gas stations take cash only, and gasoline is available in 91/95 RON only. There is no 98 RON as available in Kuwait (called "ultra super").
  5. All businesses close during times of prayer.
  6. There are camera speed traps on the highways.
  7. Most gas stations have only minimal services, try to stop at the SASCO stations which are better fitted and well maintained.
  8. You will very rarely find sitting toilets on the road side stations.
  9. If you stick to the SASCO branded stops, you'll find restaurants that have family seating; otherwise your female companions will have to eat in the car.

I was working as an engineer with driving license which is valid up to Feb 2019, now my company renewed my residency and changed the profession as project supervisor, my salary is 1000+ KD. when I checked on MOI website the results shows "no License" please advise can I renew my driving license?


thanks for contacting us, we sorry to inform you that you can not when it is clearly saying that there is no driving license under your name, you must apply for fresh license. all conditions apply such as (Salary 600 or more, attested university degree, and staying more than 2 years in Kuwait)


login with social account


Images of Kids

Events Gallery

Online Health Insurance System

 Sate of Kuwait

Go to top